Having a website as an author is necessary; this is because it is a platform where your readers can get to know more about your books, as well as connect with you. However, it is not enough to just have a website, there are some must-haves every author needs on their website. Allow us to present them to you below:
- An about page: This might seem obvious, but aside from having an about page, there are some important elements that must reflect in this section, such as where you reside, your picture and a short professional bio. If you are a fun type, then your about page shouldn’t portray you as a very serious person. Your page should portray you as you really are.
- A way to connect: This is also a very important thing an author must have on his/her website. Sometimes, readers and fans want to connect with you after visiting your website; so, icons like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram as well as Email address should be available for them to connect to you.
- A listing of your books: Your website should have a list of all your books, including your most recent books. Since you are an author, this should be a very obvious part of your website.
- A section of comment about your book: There should also be a section on your website where readers can comment about your books, either it is about what they like about your book, or typos they discovered in your book.
- A newsletter sample: If you want people to subscribe to your newsletters, then you should actually have a newsletter sample on your website so that people can have an idea of what they would be subscribing to.
Once you have checked your website and all of the elements listed above are present, then your website is good to go!