eCommerce is one of the fastest and easiest ways to make money as an author. This is because the customer experience can be a lot more fun and easier when readers buy a book from an e-commerce page. So, if you have your book on multiple e-commerce sites as well as your own, then here are ways to make the most of your page and ensure you make a lot more money:
1. Make It Visible. Ensure that your e-commerce link is in the faces of everyone. Anytime you mention your eBook either in your newsletter, on your website, blog, or social media ensure that the link to your e-commerce sales page is mentioned.
2. Be Honest. People who follow you on social media or who are your fans probably know you, so you shouldn’t be afraid to be honest with them. Tell, them that they will be supporting you if they purchase your book on your e-commerce page and the cost price is the same as any other e-commerce outlet. When saying this, ensure that your cost prices are actually the same as other e-commerce pages and if its lower, mention it too!
3. Give Varying Reading Options. If possible, ensure that your published book is in various digital formats such as ePub, .mobi, and even PDF for easy download and readability.
4. Ensure Your Book Cover Is Appealing: On your e-commerce page ensure that your book cover looks appealing to attract people to buy the book. Also make sure that the title on the page is visible for people to read so that they don’t have to squint their eyes.
5. Give Accurate Information. Ensure that information about your book is accurate; when you do this, it will be easier for people to search for your book and buy it. So information like the ISBN, genre, number of books available, and publication date should be available and accurate.
6. Encourage Social media Shares. When people buy your book through your e-commerce site, encourage them to share to their friends & followers on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, amongst others.
When you are dealing with sales through e-Commerce, don’t just assume that the information provided is accurate and the process is easy, ensure you test it yourself by buying your book from your page that way you can detect any error and fix it before it’s too late.