By Shawn & R.J.
There are a lot of great reasons for you to boost your book’s preorders:
- Preorders allow your biggest fans to express their enthusiasm for your work
- Having a book available for preorder gives the impression that you’re a successful, “must-read” author
- Preorders give you yet another useful marketing angle to promote your work (while extending the promotional timeframe)
- Making your book available for preorder gives you an opportunity to identify your most ardent fans
- Preorders help you build hype and anticipation, making it more likely that your book will be a bestseller
But you can’t just make your book available for preorder and expect people to buy it en masse; you have to do some work to ensure that your preorder campaign is a success. Thankfully, we’ve got some great tips to help you maximize the preorders for your next book!
How to Drive Book Sales Through Preorders: 9 Tips
#1 — Tell Everyone You Know One of the best pieces of preorder advice we’ve encountered was given by author and entrepreneur Julian Hosp back in Episode 66 of The Author Hangout. Julian is a master of getting preorders, and one of his
#2 — Take Advantage of Your Email List Your email
#3 — Set the Price Low
#4 — Build Your Social Media Following Early
#5 — Reach Out to Online Influencers
#6 — Use Goodreads Obviously, you’re going to be promoting your upcoming release on your website (you’re doing that, right?), but be sure to use the Goodreads platform, as well, so you can reach the world’s biggest book fans where they hang out.
#7 — Run Promotions on Existing Books If you have a back catalog of titles, now is a great time to promote them aggressively, which will enhance your author profile and get more people interested in your existing output. By doing this, you stand a much better chance of getting them to preorder your next one.
#8 — Update Existing Books’ Back Matter
#9 — Build Your Marketing Plan as Early as Possible! Don’t make your book available for preorder and then
Culled from: Book Marketing Tools