It is possible you are a very good writer, and you have written many books, but you haven’t published any, because you are yet to see a reason to publish one. Aside from the obvious: Why would you write a book and then not share it to the world? Or why would you write a book and then nobody reads it? Here are five reasons why you should become a published author:
- It is an opportunity for you to build a personal brand: The best and easiest way to build a personal brand is to write a book about who you are, what you stand for, your challenges and how you have overcome them; then, get it published. Once you have done that, it would be easy for people to see you for who you are and not make speculations about who they thought you were.
- It is an opportunity for you to establish yourself as an authority in your industry: The best way to establish yourself as an authority in your industry is to write about what you do. It is easier for people to see you as an expert, when you have actually published a book in that line.
- It is an opportunity for you to become an inspiration to people: In a world filled with so many people with struggles, and thus, yearning for inspiration, your book can reach millions of people; and you can become an inspiration to some or most of them. That is also one way to change lives and make an impact, without necessarily having to talk to millions of people in a face-to-face conversation.
- It is an opportunity for you to make a passive income: The royalty you can get from a published book can be a big deal. Even if you don’t sell a large bulk of book at once, you still get to make some money on a frequent basis.
- It is an opportunity for you to have a legacy: The best part of publishing a book is that you live on through it. You may die, but your book can never die, so far it’s still in existence. So, it is an effective way to have a legacy.
Aside from the benefits and opportunities mentioned above, your writings deserve more than being stuck in a folder on your computer, or on some leaf in your notepad at the corner of your shelf; they deserve to be read and enjoyed by millions of people who can benefit from them. So get a copy of books you have written, and get them published!
Beyond writing is to be a published author.